Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Blink

Funny how I can still remember the moment I took that little piece of cracker into my hand and greeted everyone a Happy New Year! Things happened so fast that I can hardly enumerate the different paces I encountered every day of the year. And now it’s the start again of a new year, what could possibly be happen to me?

I couldn’t help but reminisce when the time my grandma lost her fighting life. That was the start of my year in 2007. Months passed but the feud between her daughters remained. (Even until now) This year will also be the 1st year since we moved out of our own house and moved in with our grandpa and relatives. Summer was lively because the family Reveldez came and we, cousins, ruled the waters of Tagaytay and Calatagan. Although we also encountered our very first curfew. 2007 was also the year chosen by God to give us our bunso, Rayya. Twas also the start of my Junior year. I’m telling you, it gets harder everyday. Especially when my grandpa left for the states, boy, I sure was dependent on my own. Nevertheless, I still made it to the dean’s list. On the latter part of 2007, I was urged to hit the mills and lose some weight. For the first time, I’ve never felt so satisfied and happy when buying shirts I like. Thus, tis also where I discovered that I am truly NOT a morning person. thank you “I’m not a morning person” t-shirt. But then 2nd semester starts and made us felt that it’s time to get serious. Of course my mind was just half present because part of it was still clinging to the past and most of it were longing for the future.. vacation that is.

Today, as I type in my new old buddy, I still cling to the year that had just passed. If I were to picture it, I’d draw myself a string as if it’s a tug-o-war game between me and a very big grandmother clock. Obviously, I lose. Then I somehow imagine, what it would be like if I had inherited Hiro Nakamura’s (from Heroes) powers and turn back time to where I can reverse all my mistakes. Would I have achieved supreme satisfaction?

Right now I am happy because I sit in this comfy chair inside a cold hotel room in Discovery Suites with my Mom, her family and my siblings. But after this day, would I still encounter the same wheel I rode back in 2007? I pray for true happiness. It’s true they say it doesn’t come out from material objects. I just wish I knew exactly where.. and you bet I’ll keep my heart open to it. ☺

Happy New Year Rednocturnes.. oh! You’re turning 3! 3 lovely years. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home