Sunday, May 15, 2005

..when you're just in front of a big screen..

Having been isolated from your daily routine seems a lot more fun than sticking, predicting and relying on what to do next. But on the other hand, coping up and sharing what i'm into these past few days wouldn't be such a bad idea.

the PS2.

Over the years I can still remember my childhood years with a tape-like video games clasped in my arms. I'd stay up late and wait for my daddy to arrive from work to play the toughest games with cheesy graphics til dawn. I've grown up with different kinds of consoles and geez!! you can really see the fast evolution of these innovations. What is it that these gadgets sell like hot pancakes in the market every year and hook people of different ages? :o

When the popular Family Computer was outdated, the Nintendo - Sega competition begun. I can always tell that Super Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog had one main goal... and that is to get rid of those rolling monsters and keep on spinning to collect coins / rings until you reach the finish line. Before the Millenium surpassed, Sony invented a powerful console called the Playstation that captured twice or maybe thrice the population other Video game companies had. And I was a victim of it. The first game that caught my eye was the very popular Tekken 3. Soon succumb my golden time were the Final Fantasy series. Then a more enhanced and upgraded console arrived, which we call the PS2. I could really describe myself as an addict because of the frequent visits to the former greenhills virra-mall and endorse piracy just to be able to play. I'd feel my own self getting homesick and think of crazy strategies and unlocking other secrets of the game. But when other things came to my life, I didn't felt the addiction anymore.

For some time I stopped, leaving it all somewhere beneath the cabinets; thinking that I was getting too old for it. Then I started playing again. Getting insomniac just to finish every level. Does Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time seem familiar to you? Well for me, it's one heck of a game I wouldn't forget.

Playing with younger people is so much fun especially if they look up to you because sometimes... it may be you who'll learn a lot from them. :)

Reality ; Drama - TV shows.

The Amazing Race 7 has ended. Who would've thought that begging in the competition led to Uchenna and Joyce's victory? The countdown to the fight at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas has just begun. Who will it be? Jesse the Entertainer, Peter the Comeback Kid, Alfonso the Underdog or the Latin Snake Sergio Mora? Watch out for the fight of your life on May 25 10pm at AXNas these finalists will show us the concentration to win the Ulitmate prize for their families in the Contender. Speaking of season finale, a 90 minute special will be aired on the 18th of May in Smallville.

No wonder our television heats up so fast. Staring in front of the screen set with your mind and heart out the whole day shows another symptom of addiction. The sad part is, you won't notice your eyes feeling low -- literally... As if your eyeballs are about to pop out. Anyway, just prevent this one as much as possible. You wouldn't want to face the mirror and see the aftermath of what you've just glared into.

Movies.

Nothing beats the big screen if you're looking for a major cure for boredom. Ayala, Eastwood, and Gateway cinemas are your types of moviehouse you'd want to couch in with your popcorn and drink. Soo far, The Interpreter stands out in my list. This movie is not your typical Ngek! magkakatuluyan din pala sila sa huli. You'd really see the difference if it's a tatak Filipino movie or an American one. Notice how our homemade movies end? They'd see to it that these loveteams would capture the aww's of the audience. But when it's international? I guess what they'll prioritize more is the main theme.. Using their Stick to the Conflict with twists and turns will surely amaze its own audience. And I guess that answers why Filipinos prefer to watch English ones than their very own. Hey.. I have nothing against our culture and its interests.. but observation and standing out my own opinion makes more sense at all.

What's in store? :-/

Tomorrow i'll be going to Gateway with my best bud Rosz and watch Amityville Horror. hah! *im soo excited*.. Then off to my daily routine in house#2.

Anyway i'm off. since God gave me the chance. :p I get to post out a new entry and update my blog. *Finally!* Cuz if this blog is real.. and I mean literally.. cobwebs and dirt are now in dominance.

I miss my friends. Highschool and Childhood ones. To those who are outside the Ph.. Send in a plane for me! :p hehehe love you guyz!! and for those who are stuck inside the boundaries of this land, take care aryt? :)

Signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home