Sunday, May 22, 2005

..the night that made me smile..

Okay so my sister is out enjoying the weekend with her choir, Ate Len didn't come to work this morn, and my mom and her bf are spending the whole night with my other relatives to watch a gig in Greenbelt. My plans? To stay home and bum around until I fall asleep. *enk!* Don't think so! Actually I went with them... then off to Greenbelt we drove.

Parking was like hell... We just got lucky when my mom felt "the force" in the Museum parking lot. When we went to the Tavern of the Square to meet the others, we were suggested to register for the Globe Girlfriends Club for free entrance. As we enter our names for the raffle, there we met our other relatives. We got good seats, near enough to watch the live bands. The first band to perform was Escape. I think it was their warm-up cuz after their set and other Globe Girlfriends' mini-contest, Freestyle performed with loud audience impacts. They were soo cool especially their lead vocalist Jinky Vidal. They also had 2 new members that probably concealed the presence of their former member, Topo(?) cuz that's what my mom said... :s oh!! you should see how annoying the other ball head guy was! haha ang mean.. :p

*Btw.. to my mom's luck, she won the Trip for 2 Cruise ride grand prize unexpectingly. Geez.. we didn't even took it seriously at first! waha..*

After performing soo many beats.. everyone applauded and shouted for encore cuz it seems like they were still unsatisfied. But I guess we can't do anything about extension especially when they only performed for the Summer Event promotion. But anyway, this is the part where it all began. :)

The band Escape was to perform their last set wherein requests or what they call anything goes part soo I decided to send in 3 song requests and a greeting for my balikbayan tita. Before reading it, the band performed their chosen songs that hooked me up since their genre were the modern ones. In short, the ones I can relate with... So when they sang My Boo, Fall for You, and She Will Be Loved, I noticed the guitarist and found him very attractive. I told my tita first, then my mom and next thing I knew.. I was pushed towards the stage with the lead vocalist holding my hand and let me perform with the guitarist! :} GOD! he was soo cute... he sure got me there especially when he sang my song request! All around sha!! :o Anyway, he was performing Grow Old with You that time when the lead vocalist gave me the mic to sing with him on-stage! soo I tried to remember the song and hovered all my guts to sing in front of the audience.. :s My other tita even took a photo of me with him! I finished the song with him and finally sat down with full embarassment! But my companions supported me all throughout the night and teased me with unstoppable Uyyys and Yikkkeee!!!

But it was fun... :) and I had a great time singing with him.

The first thing I did was to send the pics to my fone via infrared. As soon as I got it, I just can't help smiling.. no not in front of his face! ..but to my peepz. And once again, they teased me until their session ended. When I was looking at the pic, I realized I wasn't satisfied at all. I wanted a close-up. haha kapal talaga.. But I was desperate to send in a request to the waiter and call him in the backstage since almost half of the members got out already. When I finally gave up, their lead vocalist approached us and introduced himself. He asked for my name and told me that he'll call the guitarist. Btw.. his name was Adam. :) soo my mom was grinning again and tried not to tease me until Adam arrived and introduced himself to us. We shook hands and my mom requested to take a picture of us in her phone.. I said 'thanks' and told him he was great back there and told us to go back and watch the band every Saturday at 9pm for this month. Right after he left, I sent the picture immediately to my phone and smiled til we had to leave. I kissed my relatives goodbye then went to the car, then straight home. :)

Until this moment I couldn't forget the funny experience I had this night. My mom winning the grand prize, a requested song performed by Adam and of course, singing one on stage with him. :)



I wish it could always be like this... for it inspires me to love my passion that makes me able to cultivate with anything I can. :)


watch the band Escape at Greenbelt every Saturday at 9pm. nag-plug daw ba.. :p

AND BEFORE I FORGET...


HAPPY T.22!! :) Miss you guyz..

Signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home