Monday, May 29, 2006

Grease is the word.

With nothing left to do, my cousin and I searched in my grandpa's infamous DVD collection for some movies to watch. After some lousy discussions on choosing between a chick flick or a scream-a-thon, we found his classics and ended up watching GREASE.

It's been 8 years since I last watched this musicale. When I was a kid, I would repeat and repeat the player until the song gets stuck in my head, and then I would play it all over again. It was funny knowing that after all these years, I could still remember each line and sing even with my eyes closed. All those lines, jokes and terms I barely understood are now answered thanks to my expanding observation. I guess it really stayed inside my head, placed on the back with the subconscious ones. Grease is a classic and no remake can ever replace it. Unlike Poseidon and other movies brought back to life (thanks to technology), no one can ever be compared to John Travolta's dancing moves and Olivia Newton-John's charming voice.

And so the legacy goes on. From the moment my grandpa bought me this copy on a VHS tape, I can now pass this on to my little cousins who sings and imitates the cast like I did before.




Grease is the word is the word that you heard it's got groove it's got meaning
Grease is the time, is the place is the motion. Grease is the way we are feeling. ;)

Gosh, now i'm gonna have a hard time getting it off my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home