Thursday, April 03, 2008

Shutter-ed



Many people have warned me how bad this movie was but out of curiosity, what the heck?

But I gotta give it to them, i'd still prefer the original Thai version. The script was poorly written, actors were not that great and the horror element of the movie itself was NOT scary at all. Is it because I've already seen the original that made me un-surprised of the twists and the ending? Sure.. but the movie could've taken my breath away in another light.

The story wasn't that bad. In fact, it's the only thing that kept me awake the whole time. I'm amazed on how they managed to patch small loopholes from the Thai version by creating a different setting, different characters and still kept the original story. I love the cinematography. They've shown Japan in a beautiful way.. No wonder my sis is obsessed with that country. Although the effects didn't help that much. In fact, it wasn't even scary at all. You have to admit, Americans make good oscar-winning movies but when it comes to horror? they suck. Asians are much better when it comes to this genre.

So if you want to feed your curiosity go ahead and watch. But you'll probably realize later on that you'd rather watch Fools Gold or other non-horror American movies than this. It's just disappointing.

I miss Natre.. her creepiness is just too great for this. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home